Yes. If you find out that you are owed a refund there may be special instructions provided by your trustee that you will need to follow regarding your refund check that your tax preparer must know before filing your returns. First, If you know or later find out that you are receiving a refund you should contact Upsolve at email@example.com so we can create an amendment adding the refund to your petition. Second, depending on whether or not your refund is covered by an exemption you will need to turnover the refund to the trustee according to their directions.
Articles in this section
- What if I need to change my income/expenses, add more property, or add a creditor after I'm done with the questionnaire?
- What if I need to make changes to my forms?
- What types of debts should be included in the contracts section (Schedule G) of the questionnaire/petition?
- Should I inform my tax preparer about my bankruptcy case?
- Can I change my filing date? I missed my filing date or I cannot file that day.
- There are pages missing from my petition.
- I received a message saying my credit report could not be pulled. What should I do?
- How do I find out if I'm required to file taxes?
- Do I need to list all of my creditors?
- I don't have my tax returns. Can I keep going?